Yasgur Road Reunion Logo BUY TICKETS

About

About

YASGUR ROAD REUNION

History

In 1969 a dairy farmer by the name of Max Yasgur allowed 400,000 youth to gather on his alfalfa field and celebrate 3 days of Peace, Love, and Music. A few years after the Woodstock festival Max Yasgur passed away and his wife Miriam began selling the 1100 acre estate. In 1988 Roy Howard purchased 104 acres of the property which included the original Yasgur homestead and calving barn.

Following the 25th Woodstock Anniversary on the original site, the property was closed to the public and no longer offered for use of a gathering to commemorate the festival that took place there so many years before. Starting in 1996, Roy opened the Yasgur homestead to the thousands of hippies who had made the annual pilgrimage to Bethel, and allowed the spirit of Woodstock to continue. Since then we have worked to keep the true spirit of Woodstock alive and well.

The property still remains in the Howard family and now exists as a seasonal campground, ensuring it will always be available for the public to come and enjoy the spirit of Woodstock, as well as the natural beauty of Bethel.

Location